Our approach is to:
- Use our expertise and experience in seeking out hard-to-reach populations;
- Follow strict ethical principles in research methods with subjects – especially with vulnerable or ‘at-risk’ populations;
- Include the ‘user voice’ in any study of substance use;
- Ensure that all reports and recommendations are relevant and useful;
- Use a clear reporting style;
- Adhere completely to deadlines and to contract specifications;
- Ensure total client confidentiality in terms of ownership of data and findings;
- Insist on absolute professionalism in the conduct of all employees and subcontractors.
To identify problems and to recommend possible courses of action for internal policy makers, Galahad regularly carries out background ethnographic research into organisations. Examples of our work include:
- Research into the attitudes, knowledge and lifestyles of employees, to help the company to formulate drug and alcohol policies that are acceptable to the workforce and to unions;
- Research into the effects of drugs and alcohol on specific tasks, in order to justify testing and company policy, and to educate employees;
- Our ongoing research into current trends in drug use and changes in drinking patterns, which is vital to keep policies, education programmes, and testing parameters up-to-date.
Currently Browsing: Research Approach